Participants' regulations Alpe d’HuZes 2019
Alpe d'HuZes is not a competition or tour. The aim is to raise as much money as possible for the Alpe d'HuZes/KWF Fund in the fight against cancer. By climbing the Alpe d'Huez by bicycle or running/walking, one to six times. If you participate in Alpe d'HuZes the following rules apply to you:
Permitted means of transport are:
- Cycling on muscle power only
- Special bikes due to disability
All participations that are different from walking or cycling on a normal bicycle, for example wheelers, hand bikers, must be submitted to the organization. Special requests can be e-mailed to us with a detailed motivation (firstname.lastname@example.org). Decisions about participation with special transport are exclusively taken by Alpe d'HuZes and are binding.
Alpe d'HuZes Thursday 6 June 2019:
- Start at 4.30 am (in Bourg d'Oisans). The last start is at 18.00 hours. The finish in Alpe d'Huez closes at 20.00 hrs.
- A maximum of six climbs per participant will be registered.
- At registration you declare that you agree with and are familiar with the contents of these rules. In case of non-compliance with these rules, the organisation can exclude you from participation.
- You fully commit yourself to reach the target amount of 2500 euros and you do this using your action page. You will transfer any cash donations and financial benefits in connection to Alpe d'HuZes to your action page.
- The registration starts on October 8, 2018 and closes when 5000 participants are reached. Please note: registration is done using your e-mail address, email addresses cannot be shared to register multiple people, not even for a partner who also wants to register.
- All participants who registered before February 1, 2019 at 20.00 hours, will receive a personalized clothing set. Participants who register after this date will receive a clothing set, but without (team) name and any (team) logos.
- The registration is only final when the registration fee has been paid. The registration consists of 2 steps: 1) creating an account and 2) the actual registration. The registration fee must be paid immediately after registration (step 2). If no payment has been made, the data you entered (step 1) will be saved. And the registration (step 2) can be completed at a later time. As long as no registration fee has been paid, the registration is not final and the registration has not succeeded. When step 1 is completed, a confirmation email will be sent with details of your account. And when the payment has been completed you will receive a confirmation email that your registration has been successful.
- Team members will be invited by the team captain and will receive an email with a link. Through this link they register, this ensures that team members become part of the right team.
You can participate in two ways: (1) cycling, (2) (running).
II. Registration conditions
- Your registration has been confirmed by e-mail and you have paid the registration fee.
- A team consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of ten active participants. A team captain who is not cycling or walking along, does not count as an active participant and does not pay an entry fee, but also does not receive a clothing set.
- The entry fee is 125 euro including VAT. A basic set of personalized Alpe d'HuZes clothing is included (see also article I).
- Please note: the registration fee can only be paid via iDEAL or credit card.
- It is neither allowed nor possible (the registration module does not allow this!) to enter fictitious participants or to change names and/or data later. The 'replacement' of a team member within a team is possible until February 1, 2019; that new team member will then be considered as a new registration for which a registration fee has to be paid. Throughout the registration process the team captain is the contact for the Alpe d'HuZes organisation. The team captain is responsible for timely compliance with all criteria.
- You agree to any use of your image in print, on photo, film, video and the like for promotional purposes of the Alpe d'HuZes foundation, without claiming any compensation.
- Registration fee and any realized proceeds from donations or sponsorship money will not be returned, not even by voluntary deregistration or exclusion from participation. However, the clothing included in the registration fee will be delivered. For a team member, this clothing is delivered to the team captain. Alpe d'HuZes provides a leisure service. Therefore, the right of withdrawal does not apply.
- If a participant is not allowed to participate due to medical reasons and the Alpe d'HuZes organisation is notified before February 1, 2019 20.00h (via email@example.com) then it is possible that the registration fee is refunded. In that case the following will apply:
- In the event of a refund for medical reasons, no Alpe d'HuZes clothing will be supplied.
- Realized proceeds from donations or sponsorship money will not be returned.
- On Thursday June 6th, 2019 you are obliged to wear the Alpe d'HuZes 2019 official course clothing and to fasten the time registration chip and the starting sign (with personal details).
Fill in your personal details on the back of the starting sign that you will receive in France. If you need medical care during your participation in Alpe d'HuZes, it is important that we are aware of allergies, use of medicines and whether you are under treatment by a general practitioner and/or a specialist, but also the name of your health insurer (and policy number). This information can be of great value when making a correct diagnosis and setting up a treatment.
- You must follow the instructions of the Alpe d'HuZes organisation and Alpe d'HuZes-motards present on the track.
- We expect each participant, individual or team member, to make every effort to raise a minimum contribution of 2500 euros. While doing so, the participant will transfer to his/her action page any cash donations and financial benefits received in context of Alpe d'HuZes.
- You maintain your personal action page on the website, team captains also maintain the team page. Through this action page the participant can raise his or her donations and see what total amount of donations he/she has received.
- Alpe d'HuZes and your health
Your health is your own responsibility. We recommend that all participants undergo a sports medical examination. Participation in Alpe d'HuZes must be safe and especially in good health; after all, you will make a tough physical effort. A sports medical examination is not made compulsory by the organisation, but is urgently recommended. A sports medical examination has a preventive character and is intended to achieve safe and responsible sports practice. It also provides insight into your condition and during the extensive examination a suitable, specific training advice will be given.
You can apply for a sports medical examination at various institutions. In some cases it is even reimbursed by the health insurer.
- Participation in Alpe d'HuZes is based on your own risk, see also article VII, paragraph 1 and 2.
III. Participants under 18 years of age
Participants younger than 18 years of age means 'participants who are under the age of 18 on the course day'. Participants younger than 18 years of age:
- participate under the responsibility of their parent and/or caregiver and require the written approval of their parent and/or caregiver. A 'statement of consent' must be filled in. This declaration can be downloaded here. The declaration of consent must be e-mailed before March 1st 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- must be accompanied by an adult, on a one-to-one basis
- are not permitted to descend by bicycle. The organisation facilitates downhill transportation with lifts for a small fee.
- can only be registered if the accompanying adult is also registered as a participant. Both must meet the conditions of these Participants' Regulations.
IV. Alpe d'HuZes clothing
An important part of the recognisability of the event is the equality in clothing.
- During the ascent(s) on the course day, the participant is obliged to wear Alpe d'HuZes 2019 cycling or walking clothes.
- The clothing will be handed out during the kick-off of Alpe d'HuZes at Papendal (Arnhem). Each team and each individual participant is obliged to collect the clothing themselves or have it collected. There is no other way to collect the clothing.
- The clothing will not be sent and will not be taken to France by the organisation.
- During the ascent and descent it is compulsory for the cycling participant to be wearing a bicycle helmet.
- On the race day the maximum speed for the descending cyclist is 45 km/hour.
- You must be adequately insured against any damage you may cause to others and/or property of others. The appropriate insurance for this is a Private Liability Insurance (AVP) valid in France and for this event. You must also have adequate travel and health insurance valid in France, including any repatriation costs.
- You must be insured for participation in a sports performance in France. If your insurance company has excluded this, you must insure yourself separately.
- The cycling participant declares that he or she has a good bicycle and good cycling material at his or her disposal.
VI. Instructions on organisation, authorities and violation thereof
- You must immediately follow the instructions of the Alpe d'HuZes organisation.
- You must immediately follow the instructions of the French authorities.
- The French traffic rules and legislation are applicable and must be respected.
- In the event of unauthorised behaviour, you may be excluded from further participation by the organisation.
- Participation in Alpe d'HuZes is at all times entirely at the participant's own risk.
- The organisation accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage that could arise or has arisen prior to, during or after participation in the event. This also applies to cancelling or moving the event, and for accidents, theft or any other damage.
In the event of ambiguity and/or incompleteness of the regulations, the Executive Board shall decide what the course of action should be.
Do you have any questions, complaints and/or remarks? Then take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions first. If the answer to your question is not among them, please email email@example.com. We will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible.
Important dates for the agenda:
- October 8th, 2019 Start registration Alpe d'HuZes 2019
- February 1st, 2019 (20:00) Closing registration for personalized clothing Alpe d'HuZes
- February 1st, 2019 (20:00) Closure possibility to change clothing (sizes)
- February 1st, 2019 (20:00) Closing possibility to change team members
- February 1st, 2019 (20:00) Refund of registration fee (see conditions above)
- February 1st, 2019 (20:00) Closing possibility to order extra course clothing
- February 10th, 2019 (23.59 hrs) Submission of sponsor logos
- March 1st, 2019 (20:00) Submission of 'under 18' consent statement
Declarations at the time of registration:
- I have taken note of the regulations of Alpe d'HuZes and will act accordingly.
- I give permission to Alpe d'HuZes Foundation and KWF Kankerbestrijding to use my e-mail address to send newsletters, invitations and messages related to the Alpe d'HuZes event and related events of Alpe d'HuZes and KWF. The Alpe d'HuZes foundation will not pass this address on to third parties or use it for other purposes. Attention! If you do not opt-in for this, you will not receive any other information from us about the event.
- Participation in Alpe d'HuZes is a tough physical effort. I have taken note of the fact that this requires a good condition. A thorough preparation/training programme contributes to this. A sports medical examination is not made mandatory by the organisation, but can provide good insight into my physical condition and thus also contribute to a good preparation and falls under my own responsibility.